Johanna Thullbery, MA, LMHC, CGP
I am a dedicated Licensed Mental Health Counselor with a Master of Arts degree in Counseling Education and extensive experience as a behavioral therapist as well as an educator.
My most recent therapeutic experience includes working closely with individuals to overcome challenges presented by Co-occurring Psychological and Substance Use Disorders, Post-traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD), Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), performance anxiety, and specific phobias as well as a wide range of behavioral, mood, and stress disorders.
I incorporate the knowledge and practical experience I’ve acquired from my academic and therapeutic careers as well as my extensive professional training in my areas of expertise to provide effective behavioral and alternative therapy services for children, adolescents, families, and adults.
I believe that every individual has the potential for change, and I adapt my therapeutic approach to meet the specific needs and goals of each client.
My treatment modalities may include combinations of cognitive and behavioral therapy as well as mindfulness and insight meditation, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Gut and Psychology Syndrome (GAPS™) nutritional therapy, and family therapy interventions as needed.
Whether you are seeking counseling for yourself, your child, or your family, my goal is to provide guidance and a safe environment that will help empower you to discover the solutions you need to overcome life’s challenges.
- Anxiety, Mood, Behavioral, and Thought Disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Complex PTSD/Dissociative Disorders
- Co-occurring Substance Use Disorders
My Areas of Expertise
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Family Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Psychotherapy (EMDR)
- Co-occurring Substance Use Disorder Therapy for individuals, families, and groups
- Accessing and Coping with Single or Multiple Traumatic Memories
- Gut and Psychology Syndrome (GAPS™) Therapy
- Mindfulness and Insight Meditation
University of South Florida
Master of Arts, Counseling Education (2007)
Florida State University
Bachelor of Science, Sociology (1980)
Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
Certified GAPS™ Practitioner (CGP)